Notice of Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the 6th Annual General Meeting of CAMELFORD LEISURE CENTRE LIMITED (‘CLC’) will be held on Wednesday 21st November 2018 at 7pm in the Social Area at Camelford Leisure Centre, Station Road, Camelford PL32 9UE
Chairperson: Jonathan Holt
- Apologies for absence.
- Minutes of the 5th Annual General Meeting held on 22 November 2017.
- Centre Managers’ Report
- Financial Report and Accounts for the period 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018
- Chairman’s report
- To resolve not to appoint an Auditor.
- Application of profits.
- To elect the Board of Directors.
DATED: 6 NOVEMBER 2018
By order of the Board:
CAMELFORD LEISURE CENTRE LIMITED
There will be an opportunity after the formal business for members to raise any other questions or concerns and to discuss the future of the centre.
We will be celebrating the 6th anniversary of the Community Takeover of Camelford Leisure Centre. Please come and join us for Pizza, Peroni & Prosecco
EXPLANATORY NOTES ON THE AGENDA
- The draft Accounts and the draft minutes of the 2017 AGM will be available to view on the website: camelfordleisurecentre.co.uk and at the CLC ahead of the meeting.
- The existing elected Directors shall stand down in accordance with Article 56 of the RULES.
- All Directors are eligible for re-election:
- Matthew Dyson
- Peter Hamilton-Toohey
- Jonathan Holt
- Edward Jones
- Guy Keenan
- Patrick Lucas
- Geoff Matthews
- Robert Rush
- Ian Sandbrook
- Helen Pusey
- Aly Moody
**New Directors are invited to apply to the Board and we invite nominations by completing the Director Nominee Form obtainable from the Centre
Only Members may serve on the Board of Directors.
- Only registered Members have the right to attend and speak at the Annual General Meeting.
- You are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- The Chairman will be appointed by the Board of Directors
- At the beginning of the meeting the current Chairperson, Jonathan Holt, will read the notice convening the meeting, relay apologies for absence and will confirm that a quorum of Members is present. A quorum is 3 Members present in person.
- The Chairperson will also ask for the agreement of the Members present to the minutes of the 5th Annual General Meeting of CAMELFORD LEISURE CENTRE LIMITED held on 22 November 2017 being taken as read and agreed. The minutes of the 5th Annual General Meeting are available for inspection at CLC during normal business hours on any working day and at the Venue on the date of the Annual General Meeting. The Articles of Association are similarly available and will also be sent on request to any Member.
- When voting for or against resolutions put to the meeting, Members will be asked to raise their hands so that they can be seen. Before or upon the declaration of the result of the raising of hands, a poll may be demanded in writing by the Chairperson. Members present in person or by proxy are entitled to vote. If a poll is demanded, it will be taken at such time and place and in such manner as the Chairperson directs.
- Every Member present in person or by proxy at the Annual General Meeting has one vote.