As you will have most probably heard Cornwall has been listed in tier 3 regarding coronavirus restrictions. This brings both good and bad news for the users of Camelford Leisure Centre. The good news is that we can remain open with the swimming pool and fitness suite available for booking as usual, however from midnight tonight 30/12/2020 we can no longer provide fitness classes or organised sports sessions.
How will this impact you?
For those who book swims & fitness suite sessions you can continue to use us as usual. We must stress that all users must exercise individually and not mix household groups. Family groups in the pool must do their upmost to stay within their household groups (we know this may be difficult at times especially as many of the children are friends outside of the leisure centre).
Fitness classes – Fitness classes are now cancelled until further notice. In tier three locations group fitness classes are not permitted. For those who attend our group fitness classes please do contact our instructors and they will happily advise you on some routines you are able to do at home, in the fitness suite or swimming pool 😊
Badminton – Badminton courts are still bookable for private hire. However, all participants must be from the same household. Please note that we cannot loan out any equipment at present so all players must have their own rackets and shuttles. Unfortunately, the badminton club is suspended until further notice.
Swim school – Swim school will continue as usual whilst in tier three. The guidance from our governing body the STA confirms that as long as our local authority (Cornwall Council) keeps leisure facilities open in tier 3, swim school can continue to operate within our Covid-safe framework.
Timetable – You will notice that we will be making some changes to the timetable over the coming days. We are still awaiting confirmation from private hire groups who use the pool as to whether or not they can continue their sessions.
Aqua Rehab – We recognise that many of the aqua rehab attendees rely heavily on their time in the water to help keep mobile and this is not something we want to stop. We will keep the “AquaRehab” booking slots in the timetable for those who attend these classes to be able to do some static exercises in the water, un-instructed, without other swimmers in the pool. Hopefully this will create a pleasant environment for light exercise. We must stress that these are individual exercise sessions and participants must adhere to social distancing and cannot mix with others not in their household/bubble.
Now that we have moved into tier three, we would like to remind you all of our covid-safe procedures.
- On arrival please scan the NHS QR code.
- Please register your visit at reception.
- Masks must be worn on entering & leaving and in all communal areas of the leisure centre.
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival and when leaving (more regularly if you wish).
- Please DO NOT arrive more than 5 minutes early for your session. If you do you will be asked to wait outside or in your car.
- Once your session is finished, please leave following the 1-way system.
- Please remove shoes prior to walking on to poolside.
- Please arrive beach ready.
- Place your belongings in one of the designated spaces along the poolside benches.
- Please adhere to social distancing at all times.
- Once your session is finished, please leave promptly following the 1-way system.
- Showers are for a rinse off only.
- Changing rooms are available upon request to those customers most at need or with small children.
- During Lengths sessions, please take your break at the designated spot and avoid chatting to others in separate lanes.
- During Leisure sessions, please keep within your household and avoid mixing with other households.
- Please wipe down kit as soon as you arrive and once you have finished with it, using the disposable roll & disinfectant available.
- Please do not share equipment with users outside of your household.
- Please keep your belongings with you at all times & adhere to social distancing.
- Please finish your gym session (including wiping down) within the time allocated (60 minutes).
- Masks are not compulsory in the Fitness Suite whilst training.
We really want our staff and customers to stay safe and feel safe whilst in the Leisure Centre. Remember, masks should be worn on entering & leaving the facility and in all communal areas, they are not compulsory whilst in the Fitness Suite, however you will see staff wearing them.